Thursday, April 16, 2009

"Somewhere over the rainbow skies are blue, and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true."



I am reading a book about the Columbine killings. Did you know that it has been ten years since it happened. I read a review about the book in Time and it said it was a must read. So of course I am reading it. It makes you think about how life can be taken away in an instant. It makes you realize that you better live life now not wait until it is to late. You have to do what makes you happy so that you have your happy ever after. You never know how long you have on this earth so you better make the best of what time you have. You should tell the people that you love that you love them often. You should forgive those who have wronged you, big or small. You should not hang on to the petty things that in the end will mean nothing. You should make the best of what ever life throws you. Think about if you would be able to live with yourself if the person you loved was gone and you never got a chance to say how much they mean to you. I realized all this long before reading this book, it just reminded me. The first time it really hit home was when I had a student die up here at work and I had to do CPR on her. It was my life changing experience. On that day I learned that if a 19 year old girl can just drop dead before her dream were fulfilled I better do something to make mine come true. It may have taken me awhile but I am finally getting there. I am happy. I have found that somewhere over the rainbow. I guess if you are reading this you are someone that means something to me. So this is my way of saying thank you for being there for me and loving me and letting me love you.

Well enough sappiness for one day! Have a great Thursday everyone.
Later Sharon




No comments: