Thursday, April 2, 2009

"Happiness is like peeing in your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth."



I have not been up to much the last couple of days. Yesterday I went back to the dentist because my tooth was killing me. I have been waking up at night with it just throbbing. Well he pretty much said I would have to live with it. He said what is causing the pain is the cement he put in to fill where he took the root out went past the tip of the root so when I put pressure on the tooth it causes pain. I was not to happy about that. So after the dentist I went for a 3 mile run to burn off my frustration with the dentist.
Then yesterday afternoon I went to the doctor to have my cortisone shot in my wrist. He said that not only do I have dequervain's in my wrist but I have a ganglion cyst . It is gross. He said that he cannot drain it because it is right over the artery. He said that if the cortisone shot does not take care of all the pain I will still have to have surgery to get rid of the cyst. The shot itself did not hurt at all. It was afterwards that hurt. As I was driving home my thumb and finger started to go numb and then it went up my arm and then the pain started. I could hardly move my wrist and arm for hours afterwards. He said the pain and swelling will last for a couple of days and then if it works it should get better. I am hope it works because I really don't want to have surgery. My wrist is still pretty sore this morning but getting better. He said I could try and lift weights again on Monday.
Last evening I took Dexter for a walk and then Rick and I watched the movie Seven Pounds. It was good. Today it is back to work.
Have a good Friday!
Later Sharon

1 comment:

Amy said...

have problems with your wrist for a least one year, then complain to me:)

i am just programed to check the blogs, i check them all night, even though i know that all normal people are sleepig and not updating their blogs:)