Monday, April 4, 2011

Sunny and warm day equals yard work

Rick Shooting in the yard

Rick shooting at 50 yards

The last of the snow in the yard

This is what I was doing why Rick was having fun shooting

Rick working on getting one of the little trees out 

This is what it looked like before we took out all of the little trees

This is what it looks like now



We loaded all the trees up on the wagon to be taken to the dump

Morgan, she is getting big, she is as tall as Dexter now, of course that is not saying much!


It was so nice out yesterday. After Rick got home from shooting the 25 meter we spent the rest of the day outside.  Rick got his bale set up so he can shoot outside. He can shoot out to 60 yards. While he did that I racked part of the front yard. I also raked up around the trees that have Hostas planted by them. Then Rick decided that it would be a good day to get rid of all the little trees that are in the front yard. The former owner had a garden with a ton of ferns and hostas in it along with the little trees. It is all very overgrown and the trees looked like crap. So I wanted them gone. The neighbor came over and helped because he has a 4 wheel drive truck. We managed to get most of them out with out tearing up the yard to much. Now I will have lots of work making the garden look nice again. There is a ton of roots from the trees in the ground yet so I am sure that will cause me trouble. I want to get rid of the ferns as I am not a big fan of them. I will have to wait and see as everything comes up. It was such a mess last summer when we moved in that I am not even sure what is all in the garden. It will be my supper project.
This morning I watched Liam and Josie while Amy went to the Doctor. I lifted with them here, that was fun. Liam wanted to do everything I did because he is strong! Rick came home for a short time this morning because he had a dentist appointment. While he was home he gave Liam a hair cut. I will not be doing much babysitting now because the doctor took Amy off of work. No work for her until the baby is born. He is not due until July 1 so she has a long wait yet. She never has a trouble free pregnancy! So far Christa is doing good so maybe she will take after me. I never had a bit of trouble with all three of my pregnancy's.
Tonight Rick and I are going to go to the range to shoot for awhile. State is this weekend. Good thing I am at the bottom of the championship flight because I have hardly shot for the past month since I was sick for most of it. Rick is shooting great so he should be in the running to win the money class.
Later Sharon 

1 comment:

Christawr said...

Hello, I had heartburn for a couple weeks, it was AWFUL!!!! :)