Thursday, April 21, 2011

Legal to drive

Yesterday I finally went to my eye doctor appointment.  I guess you could say I got good news and bad news. The good news is I am still legal to drive and the bad news is I now have to wear glasses again. He said that my vision has gotten worse but not as bad as I thought. I have 20/30 in one eye and 20/40 in the other. He said it seems much worse to me because I was use to 20/20 vision and even a little change seems like a lot.  He said my nearsightedness is not bad enough to have the Lasik done again and if he did re due it then my close up vision would get worse. He also said I have the beginnings of cataracts and in 4-5 years I will have it bad enough that I will have to have it fixed and then my eye sight should be much better since the cataracts surgery will fix it. So not only do I have to go back into glasses but I have to get bifocals! He said that at this time he would not think I should get contacts because I should not have to wear the glasses all the time. He said that if down the road I find that I need them all the time that I can try contacts again. They do make bifocal contacts now. Oh the joys of getting old!
After I done at the eye doctor I went to Walmart and got a new printer since ours decided it did not want to work any more. So when I got home I got that all hooked up and I am happy to say it worked on the first try. Since I don't always have good luck with printers I was very happy. After that I decided I better get my workout in. So I lifted and then I ran 3 miles on the tread mill. I don't usually like to run and lift on the same day but since I did not do anything on Tue. I figured I better. I started to watch Toy Story 3 while I was running. Yes I  know it is a kids movie but it was pretty good. Now I guess I will have to run again so I can finish it.
I hope we get some nice weather soon so we can get back out on the bikes.
I made cutout sugar cookies the other day. I have not made them in years. All the sugar cookie recipes call for shorting and that is sooo bad for you. So I looked on line and it said you can use apple butter instead of shorting. So that is what did and they turned out really good. I used the apple butter that we made this fall. I had not tried it yet because I kind of forgot about it. Now I wish we had made more it is really good.
I am back to work today so I guess I better get back to it.
Later Sharon

No comments: