Thursday, April 14, 2011

So sad

I am so sad. Yesterday I went to my old eye doctor and picked up my records. It was so sad to see that one year after my lasik surgery I had 20/20 vision. I was so happy with my vision for many years. Then a couple of years ago my close up vision went but I was okay with that because I knew as I aged that would happen. What really makes me sad is the fact that 7 years after my surgery my faraway vision has suddenly gone. It happened about a month ago. One day I was driving to work and every light had huge halos and what looked like star bursts coming out of them. Then when it got light out I noticed that I was not able to see  far away either. Well since I have not been to the eye doctor since 2005 I made an appointment that very day. Of course I could not get in until April 20th. It seems that my eyes have gotten much worse since them. I am pretty sure I am not legal to drive.
So I did a some internet doctoring and found out that lasik should not go bad after so many years unless you have some underlining condition like cataracts to cause it. Or it could be caused by medication you are taking. And every site list prednisone as one of the medications that can give you trouble. Of course most of them say it is a long term use of prednisone that causes eye troubles. Since I was only on it for 5 days you would think I would be fine, but is just so happens that I was on day 3 of taking it when my eyes went bad. And since we all know from my whole gallbladder experience the I am A-typical I will probably be the one in a million that will have side affect from taking it. Or since cataracts runs in my family it might just be that since I also have all the symptoms of that........
Gosh maybe I should not have waited 6 years to go to the eye doctor. And maybe I should not internet doctor anymore. Good thing I go to the eye doctor next week because I am pretty sure by then I will either be blind or have driven myself nuts thinking about it.
Later Sharon

2 comments:

Amy said...

if you have cateracts that are affecting your eyes that much you should be able to see them.

Sharon said...

Thanks Nurse Amy now I feel much better. Well maybe not because while internet doctoring it said you could not see it until it is really really bad....