Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I will try to make more sense this time!

So looking at my blog from the other day I see that it looks like I was drunk when I wrote it. I could not have any more mistakes in it! That is what you get when you have lots of pain medicine in you.

I am still in the hospital. Sunday night was not good. Lots of pain. So Monday morning the Doctor decided that he need to do another ERCP ( Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography) This time he put another stint in the pancreas. This was to help me get rid of the pancreatitis. The stint that he put in the gallbladder is doing it's job. My jaundice is gone and the labs are all coming back good. After I got back from the ERCP yesterday I felt much better. I have not had any pain medicine since yesterday morning. My stomach has gone way down. I don't look like I am pregnant anymore. This morning I got to eat a liquid diet. I had jello, and some chicken broth. It tasted so good until I got the explosive diarrhea. That was not good. I hope dinner stays in a little longer. The doctor said I could go home tomorrow if I am able to keep food down and can move onto solid food today. I better be able too!!! I miss home. In about one month I will have to come back to have one more ERCP to get rid of gallstones that are in the bile duct. They are the ones that are causing all the problems. If they just take the gallbladder out with out getting them out of the bile duct I will still have troubles. The same day I have this done they will do the laparoscopic gallbladder surgery. It should all be done in a day surgery. It sounds like when I have that done I will have to be off work for about 2 weeks. But at least this time I can plan the days off so everyone will know it will need to be covered. I hate to call in sick and make others work for me. I know how much I hate it when I have to stay late unexpectedly. My roommate left today. She was a good roommate she was 84 years old. She fell down and was having trouble taking care of herself. She is going to a nursing home. She was a fun lady to talk to. Hope I don't get a new roommate. I like having the room to myself. I have gotten lots of very nice flowers, it makes the room looks nice, well as nice as a hospital room can look :)

Well I hope this blog makes more sense then the last one! I hope to make my next update from home.

Oh I forgot to say I have pictures of the stints the doctor put in. When I get home I will scan them so you can see it too. I know you all what to see the inside of my body!

Later Sharon

1 comment:

Amy said...

you forgot to mention that the flowers i picked out are the most beautiful flowers you have ever seen:)