Monday, June 22, 2009

Great Weekend in Duluth

We had a great weekend end in Duluth. All three of the girls finished the half-marathon. They all did good. Amy and Christa had no training at all but still finished it in under the time limit. Cassie who trained took 10 minutes off her time last year. I am very proud of all three of them. I hope that next year I will be able to run it with them!

We got up to Duluth about 4:00 on Thursday. It was raining lightly so we got to set up the tents in the rain. After we got everything set up we went into Duluth to the Expo to pick up the race packets and do a little shopping. Christa and Cassie got new shoes. Amy, Christa and I got some new sports bras. Everything was a good deal of course. After that we went to out for supper at a really good restaurant. By then I was shot so we went back to the camp grounds and went to bed early.

Friday we got up and went out for breakfast. With Cassie around you don't really cook when you go camping you go out to eat. Then we went to target because Cassie's air bed had a hole in it and she did not want to sleep on the ground for the next two night. While there we did a little clothing shopping. Once again it was a good deal! Then we went back to the expo and then walked around down by the lake. It was a little cool out and foggy. We ate at the spaghetti dinner for the runners and then went back to camp. Adam got up there around 10:00.

Saturday was the race day. We all got up at 4:00. Adam and I took Cassie, Amy and Christa to the bus drop off so they could go to the start of the race. They have to be on the bus by 5:00. After that Adam and I went back to camp and showered and ate and then we went to mile 6.5 to cheer everyone on. First Cassie came by she was looking good. Then Amy and Christa came by they were looking good too. After they passed we drove to the finish line. We were able to see all three girl pass by again. They did great. Once the race was done they were all pretty shot. Christa the most. After they recovered enough we went back to camp so they could clean up. Adam and I made them some chicken for lunch and then we went back into Duluth for the after party. They had lots of good bands playing. We did not stay too long because it was really hot. We went to Grandma's restaurant for supper. The food is always good there and you have to eat there if you are in Duluth, it's required! After eating we went back to camp and had a camp fire. We were all in bed pretty early.

Sunday we left for home around 9:15. We had a good trip home. Well all except the part where I got a speeding ticket. Hooker cop! I was only going 41 in and 30 and it was right before the sign that said 55. So now I have to pay $130. I really think Christa should have to pay part of it because it was her fault I was going that way because I had to drop her off in Waterville. It is only fair that she chip in!

It was a really fun weekend. I really hope to be able to run it next year after I get this stupid gall bladder stuff all taken care of!

Good Job Cassie, Amy and Christa!!!!!

No comments: