Sunday, June 7, 2009

getting sick sucks

So it has not been a good last few days. I went to work on Thur. and after eating my breakfast I started to feel sick. I left work and spent the day going from my couch to the bathroom to dry heave. I felt so sick, I just kept getting worse. On Friday I again just laid around. I had to leave my house for an hour because they were showing it. I went to Amys house and laid on her couch. Liam was so cute. He made me a card and kept bring books over to me and would read them to me, well as good as a two year old can read. Well by that took about all my energy. Sat. morning was just as bad. My back hurt so bad that I could hardly walk. And my skin was now yellow. Rick came over and decided that I needed to go to the hospital. We went to the Waseca emergency room. The doctor there said the she was sure I had something wrong with my gall bladder. They started an IV and gave me a bunch of liquids, pain stuff and anti nausea medicine. Then they sent me for a CT scan. I guess I am full of gall stones. After that they put me in an ambulance and I got sent to Mankato to Immanuel St. Joseph's hospital. After a couple of hours here I went down to have a scope put down my trough and they broke up a couple of the big gall stones that were embedded in the gall ducked. Well on of the risk of having this done is that 1 in 50 people will get pancreastis. Well you guessed it I got it. So now I cannot eat anything. I can drink water as long as I can keep it down. I have a IV in that they are giving me liquids in and pain med. It hurts. So after that goes away in a week or so they are going to do the scope deal again and then take the gall bladder out. I will be really happy when I can eat again! Rick has been so good, he has been here all day. Amy has Dexter at her house so he is being taken care of. Amy also came over last night to see me. Amy and CHRISTA came over to see me today. Christa did very good with her hospital phobia and all. Cassie and Nick came also. Nick is the best son-in-law because he is the only one to come and see me. Well I guess Jese and Adam are ok too since Jese had to work and Adam had to take care of Liam and Josie since they could not come. So that has been my last few days. Sick, hospital, pain, and no food. My last real meal was on Wed. night. Amy brought me her lap top computer so that is nice. I can at least check my email etc. And of course update this! Well I guess I better go since they are going to move my IV to the other hand because it is all swelling up in my left hand.
Later Sharon

No comments: