Sunday, November 16, 2008









Suddenly, through birthing a daughter, a woman finds herself face to face not only with an infant, a little girl, a woman-to-be, but also with her own unresolved conflicts from the past and her hopes and dreams for the future.... As though experiencing an earthquake, mothers of daughters may find their lives shifted, their deep feelings unearthed, the balance struck in all relationships once again off kilter. ~Elizabeth Debold and Idelisse Malave

I thought this was a neat quote. It is so true......the relationships of mothers and daughters are very complicated! But in the end we always come back to each other no matter how upset or mad we get at each other. You can never get over the special bond that a mother has with her daughters.

So I had a good weekend other then the wired toe thing. Sat. night was a big UFC night. Minnesotan Brock Lesnar had his championship fight and won. It was a great fight. I was glad he won. I took the day off of work on Sunday and slept in until 9:00. When I finally got up I had to go out and rake up the neighbors leaves off of my yard. I figured now that they were all wet they were never going to blow away, hooker neighbor! After all of my hard work I went down to the WAC to visit everyone that was there to shoot. Then Eric, Rick and I went to the Boathouse for a late lunch. After lunch I went to Medford and did a little shopping. I had a $100. visa gift card that I need to use so I got myself two new pair of boots, two sweaters and some socks and I still have some money left on it. I got a really good deal on the boots. Last night when I got home Amy, Adam and Liam came over to show me Adam's big deer heads. They are really nice. Then they stayed and visited awhile and waited for Rick to come over to see the deer. Liam is talking a ton now. He made Rick happy because he can finally say his name.

I have had a busy day at work. I had a medical at 8:00 this morning and had a bunch of parking stuff to do. Tonight I am going to lift or maybe bike.

Got to go

Later Sharon

No comments: