Sunday, November 9, 2008

"Hope puts one on the path towards a better tomorrow."


So I was talking to a friend the other day and he was pretty much irate about the outcome of the election. I really don't understand it. Yes I was not happy eight years ago when Bush won the election but that is life. I did not think the world was going to end, and all things that I believed in would come to a end. I don't understand the mentality that I have heard from several of my Republican friends that they are going to lose everything now. I have heard from more then one person that now that Obama won they are sure they are going to have there guns taken away. Really.....did you have your guns taken away while Clinton was in office for 8 years??? Did I believe that when Bush got in all abortion would become illegal. Of course not. But that is what a lot of people were saying. Everyone has there one issue that they want to fight for, and you should. But you really cannot be a one issue voter. I really think people need a bit of a reality check sometimes. I don't believe that anybody can be 100% Republican or 100% Democrat. For example I think of myself as a Democrat yet I believe in the death penalty so does that make me a Republican? No. I know several people that are pro-choice yet they say they are Republican. You see there has to be a little give and take on both sides of every issue. I think you need to have a change in government to keeps thing on a even keen, it all works out in the end. I think you have to have both Republicans and Democrats around so they can keep each other in check. The world is not going to come to an end as we know it because Obama got elected. I think he and the rest of the government has a lot of hard work ahead of them to make things good. I think people voted for him because they just wanted a little hope that things would get better. The last few years have been hard on a lot of people. I am lucky that I have a good stable job, but not everyone is so lucky. When life is hard you have to have some hope that things will get better. I think Obama gave that to people. Weather you believe in him or not he will be our next president so lets just all hope he can do just a little of what he has been preaching. If he can do anything to make the lives of people better then that is good. Even I, one of the biggest Bush haters has once or twice in the last eight years said wow that was a good thing for him to do. So lets stop being irate and just sit back and see if anything gets better. If not then four years from now maybe it will be time for someone else to try. We can only have HOPE.
Later Sharon

1 comment:

Jim said...

As long as there are Marines...there will be Hope.

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than any enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will....
My rifle and myself know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...
My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weakness, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...
Before God I swear this creed. My rifle and myself are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life. So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but Peace.