Sunday, November 23, 2008

"People who fail to achieve their goals usually get stopped by frustration. They allow frustration to keep them from taking the necessary actions that would support them in achieving their desire. You get through this roadblock by plowing through frustration, taking each setback as feedback you can learn from, and pushing ahead. I doubt you'll find many successful people who have not experienced this. All successful people learn that success is buried on the other side of frustration." -Anthony Robbins

I have not updated in a few days. That is not like me! I have been very busy. On Wed. I went to the hospital with Amy. She is all swelled up again. Poor, Poor, Amy. She looks like she is ready to exploded. The good news is they sent her home again. She is on bed rest for good now. She is not suppose to do anything. Poor Adam! Wed. night Rick and I took my car to Mankato to the Toyota dealer so they could look at it on Thur. The check engine light has been on for a couple of weeks. Yes I know I should have taken it in as soon as it came on. On Thur. my car was done so Amy drove me to Mankato to get it. (driving is just like sitting so it is still bed rest.) The said there was corrosion on the solenoid connector. I don't care what it was it was all under warranty and the light it off. It drove me nuts having it on. The rest of the day I spent cleaning. On Friday Amy called me and asked if I could watch Liam because she was swelling up more. So I watched him most of the day so she could rest. I know I am such a good Nana. Liam has learned to say No and MINE very good now. He is soooo cute.

So now I will tell you the frustrating part of my Friday......It was perfect day to go hunting, even if it was a little cold. So I bundled up and at 3:00 Rick picked me up and we were off to the woods. We set up at a creek bed, Rick in his tree stand and me on the ground. We were right by a deer path were the deer cross the creek. If all went well the deer would come across it and I would have a perfect 20 year shot. Rick told me that if for some reason they do not come across the should walk along the other side and it would be about a 30 yard shot. He also said I would have to stand up to make the shot, I was sitting by a fallen tree. Well after sitting for about an hour a doe and her fawn came walking down the hill on the path just like they should. Then the went down to the creek and instead of crossing like they should the dumb deer decided to stay on the other side. I was shaking so bad and my heart was pounding so hard I was sure they were going to hear me. Well the doe started to walk right on the edge of the creek. I had to stand up, it went perfect, I waited until she had her head down and got up. She stopped and looked at me and then just went back to walking along. She put her head down again and I pulled back.....I let the arrow go and MISSED!!!! I aimed to high!!! I was so frustrated. But it was really fun and now I cannot wait to get out again. I love my new hunting bow. I am really glad I bought it. I am pulling back 40 pounds with it. Next time I will not miss. I should be able to get out next weekend, the deer better look out!

Today and yesterday I had to work. It has been really slow because the students are taking there finales. I have to work alone today because my coworker called in sick. I guess I should get back to work.

Later Sharon


















1 comment:

Amy said...

Thank you for watching Liam!!