Saturday, May 2, 2009

It's not like its brain surgery.....-Jese

That is what Jese said when Christa told him she was taking me to the hospital on Wed. for my surgery. He did not get it that you cannot drive home yourself after you have surgery. Silly boy. Christa got stuck babysitting me that day because she is the only one without a job. She is done with school on Tue. Yea Christa!!!!
Yesterday was a great day. I took off work so I could run the From The Heart 5k in Owatonna. I was very happy with my time. I did it in 24:31, I am not sure on the seconds and they have not posted the times yet. But I know it was 24 and 30-some seconds. Anyhow it was a good time for me. Rick and Tim Fierke also ran the race. It was Ricks first 5k and Tim's very first race ever! They both did super good, coming in under 30 minutes. Neither one looked at the time clock when they crossed the finish like but we think they came in around 27-28 minutes. It was a good day of running for everyone! It really makes me excited to be running again.
After the race Rick and I did a little shopping in Owatonna and then finally got back to Waseca around noon. After that I took Dexter over to Ricks house and then we went to Walmart. When we got back I took Dudley and Dexter for a walk. I got a new leash for them that hooks them together. It is much better walking them with it rather then trying to hold two leashes. While I was gone Rick made us salmon pasta salad for supper. It was really good. Then we went to my house to watch the end of a movie and that was my day.
Oh I almost forgot to say that it was Amy's birthday yesterday!!!
Hope you all get to enjoy the beautiful day today.
Later Sharon
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Amy said...

nobody even cared that it was my birthday:(


Good Job running the race!!!