Sunday, May 17, 2009

50th anniversary party

Mom and Dad

The Whole Family

Mom and her wedding dress 50 years later


Diane, Me, Mom and Linda


It has been a busy weekend. Friday night Rick and I went to see Star Trek. It was great! I loved the show growing up so the movie was lots of fun for us older people! The kids think I am nuts for liking it. They don't know what they are missing.
Saturday was mom and dad's 50th wedding anniversary party. It was lots of fun. They had a huge turnout. Lots of family and friends. It was great to see them all. Christa made all the cakes, with a little help from Jese. They were great. Everyone loved them. She did a great job, well worth her staying up until 2:00 a.m. to get them done. After the party some of us went out to mom and dads house to watch them open cards and gifts. Even thought they requested no gifts they got a ton. The best one was the 50th anniversary frame that my aunt Sandy gave them that was my Grandma and Grandpa Trenda's from there 50th. She had a good note to go along with it. She did good! We also all ate some of the leftover food. It was so good. I ate way to much all day. But it's ok because I am running.
Sunday was my last day of freedom. I slept in because I did not want the day to start being it was my last day. After I finally got up I took Dexter for a walk and then went for a run. I ran around the lake and for the first time this year did not have to stop and walk. I am finally getting into a little better shape. Still have a long way to go before I am in half-marathon shape though. After that I went to Ricks house and helped him clean out some stuff out of his basement to make room for me. We marked a bunch of it for the garage sale and thew a bunch more. The basement is looking good.
Today I am back to work. I know it is so sad. My 12 days off went way to fast. I had a busy morning ticketing students. I even had one students car towed. I think they all knew I was gone and so they were misbehaving. Not any more, I am back!
My wrist is doing so much better. Everyday it feels a little bit better. I had to put on my brace for awhile today because I wrote so many tickets out it got sore. But it still feels way better then before I had the surgery.
They are showing my house two times today so Amy had to go get Dexter. I hope he is a good boy for her. He is not always good for her.
My coworker did not show up at 1:00 like he should so at 1:20 I called him and woke him up. Good thing I call or who knows how long he would have slept. Now he is going to be a couple of hours late. As long as he is here by 4:00 so I can leave I will be happy.
Well that's about it for the day.
Later Sharon Posted by Picasa

No comments: