Friday, May 22, 2009

"When you're screwing up and nobody says anything to you anymore, that means they've given up on you." - Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

I have not been very good about updating my blog lately. I guess nothing fun has been happening. I worked 4 days this week. It was so hard to be back to work. The days were pretty busy so that is good. Yesterday I had two calls before 7:00 that I had to write reports on. Usually my phone does not ring until at least 8:00. The first one was students on a roof, they said they just wanted to watch the sunrise. They were not to happy to hear that is was going to cost them $200. a piece to be on the roof. Maybe next time they will watch the sunrise from the ground! The next call was a sick student, had to call an ambulance for him. Not sure what was wrong with him. It is the end of the school year so things always pick up. The students all go a little nuts at the end.
I just finished reading The Last Lecture. It is so good. It is written by Randy Pausch who at the time was dieing of cancer. He has since died. He was all over the web a few years ago when he gave the last lecture at the college he teaches at. I watched in back then and was so impressed. It is not about dieing but rather how to live. I have wanted to read the book for awhile and finally got around to it. If you get a chance you should read it, I think everyone would get something out of it.
Now that I finished reading that I have moved onto Sarah's Key, another great book. I hardly ever read at home but I am having trouble keeping away from this book. It is a very moving book.
Today they showed my house again, wish one of these people would buy it! I spent all morning cleaning. The house was a mess. The other day when the wind blew so hard I had left my windows open about an inch. Will it was just enough for the wind to blow in a ton of black dirt. My house looked like a field. It was so gross. There was dirt everywhere. I swept and wiped it up when I got home from work but I guess there was more there. Today I cleaned the floors again and I had to dump the dirty water out three times for my tiny kitchen. It could not believe how much dirt there was.
After all that cleaning I took Dexter over to Amy's house and ran to Owatonna to get Amy some protein powder at GNC. Then I brought Dexter back home and ran to the bank and the store.
Now I am going to try and lift again. The last time I lifted was April 28th. I have not been able to lift very much because it hurt my wrist to much. The doctor said I could try lifting a week or two after the surgery. Well it has been two weeks now so I am going to give it a try. Hope it goes good. I hate that I have to start all over. I will have to scale way back on how much weights I lift. But I guess it is better then not being able to lift at all. I hate that I have lost so much muscle. I well be glad to get back to lifting. After all it is summer I need to get my arms back in shape for wearing short sleeved shirts.
Well I guess I better get to it.
Later
Sharon

No comments: