Tuesday, July 1, 2008

"To many people think life is a spectator sport. " -Katharine Hepburn


Well it has been a busy last few days. On Sunday Rick came over and helped me pull out a couple of bushes that were half dead in the front of the house. It looks way better now. I have to go and get a couple of replacement bushes now. I would really like to get rid of the two tall ones on the side too and replace them with something shorter. I hate them. After that in the afternoon Rick and I went for a 6 mile bike ride. Well really Rick went for a 10 mile bike ride before he came and got me because I cannot keep up to him. Well when were riding Rick said we had to get something to eat that he was not feeling right. So after that he went home and I went home. A short time later he called me up and asked if I could bring Nurse Amy over to check his pulse. He said something was not right. So I took Nurse Amy over to his house. She checked his pulse and said it was 107, his pulse is usually 50. Nurse Amy recommended that he get to the hospital. So I took him to the Waseca hospital. It was a good thing we did. He has atrial fibrillation, which means that his heart is not pumping right. His pulse would jump from 79 to 117, it was all over the place. So Rick got to take an ambulance ride to the Mankato Hospital. I followed and stayed with him till Christa and Jese got there. Then I had to take Christa to my house because she had a bit of a panic attack in the hospital and almost passed out! She does not like hospitals. We got home about 1:00 A. M. Jese came back a short time later. We were up at 7:30 and Jese and I went back to the hospital. (Christa had to get back to Winona to take a final) So Ricks heart did not go back to normal over night liked they hoped. So they were talking about having to shock it to get it back beating normal. But then about noon it did what it was suppose to and started beating right. He was pretty happy about that......who wants to have there heart stopped and started again! So Jese and I took him back home about 6:00 last night. Then we drove Jese to Rochester and met up with Christa so she could take him back to Winona. It was a long day. Rick is all back to normal now. He is on a couple of meds but should be fine. He can go back to all his normal activities. The Dr. said he had probably had this for a long time only this time when it happened his heart just got stuck and would not go back into a normal rhythm.
Today I went and had my hair cut and colored. It really needed it. I walked to the hair place....it is hot out. I am not going to turn my air on because it is suppose to cool off on Wed. I am trying to save on the electric bill when I can. I have been hanging lots of my clothes on the line instead of drying them in the dryer. Of course when it gets really hot I will be turning the air on!
Good Job to Christa who passed her final! She did a good job and practicing her _______skills!
Well I better go get something done today.
Sharon
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Christa said...

CHEATING SKILLS!!!! That is what it is supposed to say!! I am a master cheater!!!

DAD R said...

thanks Amy for your mad nursing skills. thanks Sharon for your close driving skills , nice to see you head lights all the way to kato

thanks to Christa and Jese it was nice to have you there, even thou Christa looked whiter than i did.

Jese, i can always count on you

thanks

Feeling better.
Dad R