Sunday, July 31, 2011

Job well done

Brian, Tim and Rick 

Rick zooming past me

The new bathroom vanity.
Today Rick and Brian and Tim Fierke did the Waseca Triathlon. The did the sprint course which means Brian swam 1/4 mile then Rick biked 14 miles and lastly Tim ran 4.2 miles. They all did a great job. I was very proud of Rick, he had his pb by 3 minutes. He averaged 20 miles an hour for 14 miles. That is way faster then I could have done it. Since I did not have a team to do it with I volunteered to help. I was on the last water station for the run. It was fun to be able to watch all the bikers and runners go by. It was so hot for everyone. One of the other women that was helping at the water station was not very much help at all. She would take a drink of water and then throw her cup on the ground like the runners do. She could never just walk the two feet to throw it away. So the rest of us would have to clean up her cups all the time. She also had a can of pop and threw the can on the ground too. She was pretty lazy. The race people bought us lunch this year so that was really nice since I was out there from 7:30 until 12:30. Next year I really want to take part in the race. I never have trouble finding people that want to bike or run it is the swimmer I always need. I am pretty sure I would drowned if I tried to swim it.
When we got home Rick and I brought the bathroom vanity in the house. It is so heavy! I did not think we were going to get it up the stairs but we somehow managed. I had ordered it from Overstock and was a little nervous about it since I had not seen it other then in the a picture. But I am super happy with it. Now we just need get the rest of the tile down so we can get it in the bathroom and out of the dining room.
We had lots of sticks and scrap wood to get rid of so Rick started a fire this afternoon. Now I am going to look through my Clean Eating recipe books and try and find something to make for up north.
Three more days and we get to go on vacation!!
Later Sharon

1 comment:

Christawr said...

3 more days until I have baby then, hehe!!