Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Fear Of God

I have always wondered what exactly it means when people say they are "God fearing people" or "I will put the fear of God in you." After all  God is suppose to be this all loving being. What is there to fear about him. Does not make a whole lot of since to me. I have also always wondered why it is we have been told for our whole lives that if we don't go to church we will not get into heaven. I don't need to go to church to pray and be at peace with myself and God. I am sure I could write a novel about my views on the church and religion but I think I will stop at that.
Yesterday I had to work a 12 hour shift. It was sooooo long. I left home at 5:00 and did not get home until 7:00 and was in bed by 8:30. Not a fun day. I did have to lock buildings at work. I have not done it in years so it was kid of fun to lock everything up instead of doing the opening.  Well it would have been fun if it had not been so hot and did not look like I had just gotten out of the shower when I was done.
Found out the benefit if working the 4th of July today. I will be bringing  home $300 more then usual  on my check on Friday. To bad they take taxes out or I would have made over $500 extra.
Rick is doing great on the bathroom. He hopes to be able to spray today. He has to go back to work today since he got a job to do. He also has a couple other jobs starting next week. So I guess his slow time is over with.
Poor Morgan was sick last night. I am not sure what is the wrong with her. When I got home from work she was just standing around with her tail down and then went and laid down on the couch. She never does that since she is still in puppy mode. Then when I went to give her a treat she would not eat it. That NEVER happens. So I knew she was sick then. Shortly after that she thew up. Poor puppy. I hope she is better today when I left she was sleeping.
Stay inside today and out of the heat!
Later Sharon

No comments: