Monday, July 25, 2011

Just Breath

Rick playing a game with Liam and Josie

Liam 

Baby Eli

Josie and Eli
Well I had what I would say was my first scary asthma attack. Rick and I went for a bike ride on Thru. and just like I do every time I go I used my inhaler before we left. But as we went along I was just never able to catch my breath. We got to mile 15 and that is when it hit. I started to cough and cough and really could not catch my breath. Of course we were way out of town. Rick was sure he was going to have to leave me and go get the car to bring me home. But I finally stopped coughing enough that I could go on. We took the fastest road home but still had to go 6 more miles. It was a very slow 6 miles. By the time I got home my lungs were killing me. I still felt like crap the next day. Needless to say I will now be bring my inhaler with me on all bike rides even when I use it before going. I was mostly upset because it interfered  with my biking. I want it under control so I can bike and run and do what I want when I want. The doctor put me on an allergy medicine to try and see if that helps because allergies and asthma pretty much go hand and hand. She said it that does not help she is going to put me on another inhaler that is a preventive. I have to try the allergy medicine for two weeks. I had only been on if for about 5 days when I had the attack. The good news is my nose is way less stuffy now that I am taking the medicine. The jury is still out on how it is helping the asthma. Last night Rick and I went for a 33 mile ride and I was very happy that it went much better. I was able to breath just fine. I have decided that having asthma really sucks.
On Saturday Amy and Adam had tickets to go see U-2 so even though it was a weekend I said I would watch the kids. It was the first time I have watched all 3 of them together. Liam and Josie were so good all day They love the fisher price toys I have and spent all day playing with them Eli was also very good other then the fact he spit up all over my carpet. I guess I will have to forgive him since he is only 4 weeks old. Amy came to get Eli at 2:00 a.m. when they got home but Liam and Josie spent the night. When Josie got up in the morning she was looking all over and then asked me "where is baby Peaches" it was so cute. Liam had me fixes his sleeping bag because it had a rip in it and then later in the day he asked me if I could fix strings too. I asked what he meant  and he said his stuffed toy had a string on it that need to be fixed. He showed it to me so I asked him if he wanted me to cut it off. He gave me to okay to do it but right before I cut it off he told me to be careful not to cut the tigers foot off. Good thing I am good with a scissors!
Today I am home all alone since Rick has work again. He told me before he left that I had to make supper tonight. Whats up with that! I guess since he made it all weekend I could maybe make something....
The bathroom is looking good. Rick got the subfloor down and is ready to put the tile down. I ordered the vanity off of Overstock so we are waiting for that to come. We also finally got a shower head picked out. That was a lot more complicated then you would think.
I have the windows open again it is so nice out today.
Later Sharon

1 comment:

Sharon said...

and i made pancakes for the kids too
Rick