Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Growing old

Grandpa Trenda 94 years old

The Trenda Family

Liam 4 years old and Great Great Grandpa Trenda 94 years old. They have the same birthday

Josie

Grandma Trenda 90 years old

Grandma and Grandpa Trenda

In February my Grandpa turned 94 years old and in March my Grandma turned 90 years old. It is hard to believe they are that old. The pictures are from the birthday parties that we had to celebrate their days. When I look at the pictures it brings back lot of memories of Grandma, Grandpa and all the Aunts and Uncle Jr.  I remember all the holidays we celebrated at Grandma and Grandpa's and how much fun we use to have there. I remember the old farm house and when they built the new house. I think about going out to see the pigs in the barn with Grandpa and being scared of them. I remember all the gardens that they had and how much they cared for them and enjoyed taking all there goods to the farmers market. I remember after school walking downtown to Ochs Department Store and hanging out with Grandma while she worked. I remember going to the fair and seeing all the purple ribbons that Grandma won every year and being proud of them and telling all my friends that she was my Grandma. Grandma was always there every year to watch us in the Dress Review for 4-H. Nothing can compare to Grandma's  kolackes and she made the best gravy around. I remember all the homemade candy and cookies she would make whenever we had a get togethers. I remember that Grandma and Grandpa always brought us something little from there travels. Even if it was just a coin from when they went to Vegas I always loved that they thought of us while they were on vacation. I think about how sad I was on the day that Grandma and Grandpa had the auction at the farm to sell everything off so they could move into a apartment at 3 Links. I really cannot say that I have any bad memories of Grandma and Grandpa. I always knew they would be there for us no matter what we did. I will never forget and try to live by the best advice Grandpa ever gave me. He said "enjoy life now, travel while you can. Don't put it off thinking you will do it when you are older because that day my not come."

I have lots of good memories of the Aunts and Uncle Jr. too. When I think of Uncle Jr. I remember when I was very young and he was in the Armed Services, I think the Air Force. I remember sending him letters and singing to him on tapes and sending them off to him. He used to send us gifts all the time from his time over seas. I still have a pair of silk pajamas that he sent me from I think Japan. He use to spoil us when we were little and I use to love it when he came to visit. I remember going to the Covered Bridge  restaurant when he was the chef there.
When I think of Aunt Joann I think about when I was in 1st grade and we took our fist family trip to CO to see her and stay with her for a few days. I think of her as being the one in the family that was not afraid to say what she thought. I remember thinking it was cool that she was a nurse and that she went back to school in her later years to become an RN.
When I think of Aunt Mony I think about all the times we would all go to her house and she would cut our hair one after another. I always think of her as  beautiful bride because mom always had her wedding picture hanging on the wall.
And then there is Aunt Sandy. I always looked up to Sandy as being the independent women that I wanted to be. She lived in the big city and had good job and made it all on her own. That is what I wanted to be when I grew up. I remember when she came and stayed with us when mom and dad where on a vacation. She was always and still is fun to be around and talk to.
 I cherish each and every memory I have of my family.
Later Sharon









No comments: