Tuesday, January 18, 2011

We finally have a name

We finally decided on a name for our new puppy. After debating names all weekend and trying several out on new puppy we came up with one last night. As you know our other dogs name is Dexter. We wanted something that went with Dexter and finally last night Rick came up with it. We are going to call her Morgan. If you are a fan of the Showtime show Dexter you will know why the two names go together.....
Morgan is doing good on the potty training. We are about 50% there. As long as we put her outside every 1/2 to 1 hour she will go outside to potty. She knows now that she should go out there. Our biggest problem is when we first take her out of the kennel. She is so excited to see us that she will run outside and pee but will not finish because she wants to come back in to see us. And then she will pee some more on the floor. Still pretty good for only working on it for 3 days. This morning she even ran to the steps when she had to go out to go poo. Of course if you are not fast enough to see her she will go on the floor. I sure am glad we only have carpet in the living room. So far she has not had any accidents on the carpet. Dexter and Morgan are getting along great now. They play together very good. Dexter is happy to have someone to play with. I finally took Dexter for a much needed walk last night. He was super happy go out. Rick tried to take Morgan, she did pretty good walking but then her little feet got cold so Rick had to pick her up and take her home.
Well enough about dogs! Well okay one more thing but not about my dogs. Cassie stopped by work yesterday with her new dog Glory so I could finally meet her. What a good dog she is!
This weekend I worked on Saturday and took Sunday off so I could go to IA and watch Rick shoot the Pro-Am. It is the first year since I started shooting that I did not shoot it. I did not sign up for it because I was not sure how much shooting I would get in before it because of my wrist surgery. I missed shooting it. It was fun to go down on Sunday and visit with everyone. Rick shot very well, getting his best score for Pro-Am. He was happy with it.
It was back to work Monday. It was a no fun drive into work with the snow fall. Lots of drifting on the roads.
I have pictures of Morgan and the Pro-Am to put up but I have not downloaded them yet. We got our new computer delivered on Sat. and I have not had time to put it up yet. Hopefully I will get it done within the next couple of days.
On Friday night I watched what had to be one of the worse movies I have ever sat through. It was called Frozen. Do yourself a favor and do not watch it!
Stay bundled up today it is going to be a cold one
Later Sharon

No comments: