Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 is finally done!!!

2009 has been a year to remember. Lots of good and bad things have happened. The year started out good. In Jan. I had lots of archery shoots to go to and was shooting the best I have in several years. Feb. Rick and I went to Vegas for 5 days. We had a great time. Feb. 13 Liam turned 2. I also got my dog Dexter in Feb. March was the start of the bad of 2009. My wrist started to give me trouble from shooting and worst of all I had to have a root canal. That really sucked but now my tooth is all good. We also had the MSAA State Archery shoot in Duluth in March. On March 30th I turned 47 years old. Lets see that brings us to April . I got to have a steroid shot in my wrist, that was not so fun. Other then that April was pretty uneventful. In May I had surgery on my wrist. It was the first time in my life I have had surgery. It all went well and I was back to running and biking and lifting in no time. I put my house up for sale in May. Christa graduated from college in May with an accounting degree and Mom and Dad celebrated there 50th wedding anniversary. June started out good. I was running a lot getting ready to run the Grandma's half marathon again. Then of course as we all know my gallbladder decided it was time to attack! After 4 days in the hospital I was good enough to go up to Duluth and watch Cassie, Amy and Christa run the half-marathon without me. I was very proud of them and very sad to not be running it with them. By the end of June I was able to run very slowly. I had to put Charlie to sleep in June, it was a very sad day for me. I sold my house in June and started to pack. July 4th I was very happy to be able to run the 5 mile race around Clear lake. I got to go back to the hospital in July and have my gall bladder removed. When I got out of the hospital that night I moved into Ricks house so he could take care of me. He did and still does a great job. While I was at home recovering from surgery I also had to go back to my house and finish packing. I moved completely out of the house at the end of July. I finally went back to work at the end of July and was glad to be back. Aug. was good, I was able to start running and biking again. It was slow going but I was super glad to be able to outside moving again. Sept. Rick and I took a long weekend biking trip. We biked 70 miles in one day. It was so much fun. Oct. was a fun month. Cassie, Amy and I ran the twin cities 10 miles. It was so much fun to be able to run a big race after a summer of not much running. I started bow hunting in Oct. Halloween was at the end of the month and it was fun to see Liam and Josie all dressed up. Nov. I did a lot of babysitting. Liam and Josie stayed overnight at our house several times, it was fun. Rick and I went to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra at the Target Center. Rick asked me to marry him and I said yes. We hosted Thanksgiving at our house for the first time and it went great. Dec. I went to the MOA for my annual trip with the girls. We had Christmas the the kids on the Sunday before Christmas and had lots of fun. Josie turned 1 on Dec. 9th. I had a photo shoot for the cover of Girlfriends magazine with my archery teammates. We had a ton of snow and I got to stay home and be snowbound watching movies and sitting in font of the fire. Christmas was busy running from place to place but wonderful to see everyone. Now it is the last day of 2009. All and all the year was a good one. I am happy to say that I am happy with my life. I have someone who loves me and takes care of me and is there for me. My children and grandchildren bring joy to my life everyday. Goodbye 2009 with all your good and bad you will be a year to remember!
Later Sharon

1 comment:

Christawr said...

are you ever going to update again!!