Monday, October 5, 2009

1:35:27

After the race, it was soooo cold out!
Rick and Josie

Amy running at mile 6


Cassie running at mile 6



Me running at mile 6




Josie





Liam getting ready to cheer us on







Before the race, we all look ready to go!


We did it! Cassie, Amy and I ran the Twin Cities 10 mile race on Sunday. I got up at 3:35 and was at Amy house at 4:00 Then we picked up Cassie and drove to the train station and took the train to the metro dome, that is where the race starts. The race went good. It was hilly! No one told me it was going to be so hilly. I never train on hills because Waseca really has no hill to train on. I can see it is something I am going to have to work on. My goal for the race was to finish it in 1:30. I did it in 1:35:27. I will take that! My gender place was 1293 out of 3543, my division place was 91 out of 251 and my overall place was 2770 out of 5797. Cassie who I think has been training on the side and not telling me was only 6 minutes behind me coming in at 1:41. I am going to have to pick my training up for next summer because I cannot let her beat me :) Amy came in at 2:08 she came in way before her goal and was happy with her time since she has not trained at all. At mile six Adam, Liam, Josie, Nick and Rick were all waiting for us. It was nice to have them there to cheer us on. That is about the time you need a little push. I have to say running 10 miles is way easier then running a half-marathon, 13.1 miles. Those last 3 miles are hard. Of course now I really want to run another half-marathon. We are already talking about it! I am really glad that the girls and I run these races together, it is so much fun. After the race it was so cold. I don't think I really warmed back up until I went to bed last night. After we got home I took a long hot shower. Then Rick and I went to Owatonna to get some wood for a shelf for the basement. Then I took Rick out for supper. By the time we got home I was tired! We watched a movie and were in bed by 9:00.
Today I am going clean, clean, clean. Always fun on my days off.
Later Sharon




No comments: