Sunday, October 25, 2009

"Facing your own mortality is the quickest way possible to find out what you're made of it strips away all the bullshit and exposes every part of you-your strenghts and weaknesses, your sense of self. Your soul." -Patrick Swayze

I started to read the Patrick Swayze book yesterday. So far it is really good. It is not all about his cancer but about his life. So my quote for the day is from his book.
When I was sick this summer it scared me enought that I started to think about my mortality. Granted I was not on my death bed, well the doctor's did tell me I could have died! But I was sick enough tht it made me think what if I were to die...Makes you think.... what would you do if you were told you only have months to live. Would you be happy with how you have lived your life. Have you done all you want to do, have you live every day of your life to it fullest. Makes me want to go back to that list of 100 things I want to do before I die and start doing them now! Okay I have never really wrote them all down but there is lots of things I say I want to do before it is to late.
One of the things I want to do is tandem skydiving. Christa and I were talking about it a while ago and she said she wanted to do it too. So I made her a deal that when she got a job, any job and had money to do it I would do it with her. So now I am stuck I am going to have to do it! She got a job! Not a job she wants but it is a job to do until she gets a real job. I am proud of her for taking it.
Enough of that! I worked all weekend. Today it has been pretty busy. Makes the day go by fast. Of course never fast enough. Last night after work I went deer hunting again. I had a doe come in after it was to dark to shoot. Dumb deer is should have come in 10 minutes early and then I could have shot it. I also had two raccoons running around if front of me. I hate raccoons, they give me the creeps. I hate it when they come around and climb the trees around me. I keep thinking I hope they don't hop over to my tree. Scary!!!
Well my work phone keeps ringing so I guess I better get back to work.
Later Sharon

No comments: