Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Come Back Deer!!!


The basement is done! We just have to put up pictures and get a rug and get the furniture down stairs. It looks so much better. Rick did a great job. I say that because really he did most of the work. He finished putting the floor down over the weekend and got everything cleaned up. Yesterday we started to get stuff put back on the walls and making it into a room we can enjoy. Now I have no more excuses I have to start lifting again. I have not lifted in a month. I look like a wimp again. Time to get back into shape. I have not ran since the race because I wanted to give my legs a break. They feel much better now, but I am feeling the need to get out and run a couple more times before it gets really cold.

I have been out hunting 3 times now. The first night I saw a doe and a fawn but they were to far away to get a shot. Then the next night I totally blew it! I was sitting behind a tree day dreaming when out of the corner of my eye I saw a deer not 10 years away from me. It was walking along and had not seen me. I went to pull my bow back and I had forgot to take my mittens off! It screwed me all up so I went to pull back again and the stupid deer decided it should turn and walk right at me. I could not move. It was 5 yards in front of me when it spotted me. It just looked at me and then turned and hopped away. Then when it got into the woods it snorted at me. I never had a chance to get a shot. It was a 8 point buck! It was super exciting, but not as exciting as if I had actually got a shot! Oh well I am sure there is more deer, or I hope! Last night we went to New Richland to hunt. There were deer tracks everywhere. I did not see anything but Rick saw a small doe. It never came close enough to get a shot, but he said it was to small anyhow. Tonight we are going to go back to my dad's woods to hunt. I am going to sit in a deer stand tonight instead of the ground. Hope I don't fall out!

Today I had to get up at 6:00 so I could babysit Liam and Josie. Josie went down for nap so Liam and I went outside. I had to plant some lilie bulbs that my dad gave me. Liam was full of dirt, but it was okay because he had fun. Now I am trying to get some clothes folded before Josie gets back up.

Later Sharon
Posted by Picasa

No comments: