Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July can only get better then June....right???

So I had my appointment with my gastroenterolgy doctor. I am having my third ERCP on Monday to take the rest of the stones out of the bile duct and remove the stints. I cannot have the surgery on the same day. I am not very happy about that. While I was in the office he showed me pictures of the stones in the bile duct. You could see the scope and the duct in the Xray. The bile ducted was about double the size of the scope. He said it should be about half the size of the scope. So that is not good. It was so big because of the size of the stones. He kept saying that's a huge sucker. It was funny. He counted 4 stones in the bile duct alone. Who knows how many there is in the gallbladder. So after seeing him I had to go down to see the surgeon. Of course he was not there, he is in surgery all day. So now I have to go back tomorrow to see him. They will let me know tomorrow when the surgery will be. She thought it will most likely be on Wed. When I left the surgeons office I got to go to the lab and give some blood. Of course the lab tech could not find my vain. After poking around forever she finally gave up and went into another vain. I was not a happy camper by the time I left!
So now I am going to go for a run. It always makes me feel better.
Later Sharon

No comments: