Thursday, July 16, 2009

RUN RUN RUN

Rick takes the dogs for a walk every morning at 5:30. He took this picture this morning.
I just found out that Amy, Christa and I got into the Twin Cities 10 mile race on Oct. 4th. I am excited since my stupid gallbladder stopped me from running the Grandma's half marathon. I should be able to run 10 miles by Oct.

So I have been busy, well as busy as my body will let me. I went back to the doctor on Tue. for my one week checkup. I asked the doctor about me being so a-typical. He said that I was because I was so infected and was feeling no pain. He said that is very unusual, I really should not even have been able to walk around. He said that because I was so fit before this all happened probable made all the difference. He said that athletes have more endorphins and that because of that it caused me to be able to tolerate that pain much better. I think I am just tuff!!!! The good news is he said that after two weeks I can try and start running. He said I have to take it slow, that if I run a mile and I start to hurt I have to walk back. Believe me I will because I don't want anything like this to happen again. He also said I do not have to wait 6 weeks to lift more the 10 pounds. Again I just have to take it slow. I am just super excited to be able to do anything.

Yesterday Amy and the kids and her new dog came over for a puppy play date. To bad Amy's puppy is not potty trained yet :( Christa also stopped over for a little while to visit. I got some laundry done and cleaned out the fridge to make room for the food in my fridge. Of course like always there is not really much food in my fridge. After the kids left I went to my house and packed some stuff up and moved some stuff over. Not much left to do. Rick and I are going to get the rest of the stuff on Sat. then I can clean the house up. Last night Rick and I went to the Waseca Fair. We just walked around a bit and watched the tractor pull. We were home by 8:30.

Today I am super tired, I think I may have done to much yesterday. I just got back from the fair again. Amy picked me up at 11:00 and we took Liam and Josie. Liam loved all the barns animals. Well everything but the pigs. He was scared of them last year and was again this year. As soon as we got in the pig barn he said he wanted to leave and go see the cows. It was pretty funny. Also when we went into the horse barn he said SCARY. But he at least still wanted to see the horses.

Now I am going to take my car to Waseca Glass and see about having my windshield replaced. It has a huge crack in it. Then tonight Rick and I are going back to the fair to watch my old neighbor Alix in the enduro race.

I will put some pictures of Liam and Josie at the fair tomorrow.

Later Sharon


Posted by Picasa

No comments: