Monday, July 6, 2009

Last Supper




I ran the race!!! Rick, Tim Fierke and I all ran the 5 mile race. Julie and Melissa Fierke walked it. Tim ran it great beating me by over a minute. I finished it in 44:53. Rick came in 4 minutes faster then he ran it last year. I was very happy to run it. It is the most I have ran since I got sick. It felt great. Really gets me all excited about running. After the race Ricks family came over to his house for lunch. The food was great and everyone had a great time. After we ate we went back to Clear Lake park and listened to the bands play for awhile. When everyone left Rick and I went to Menards to get flooring for the basement. We were just going to paint the floor but then we decided that we should just do it like we want to right away. So we got some laminate flooring.
Sunday was a busy day. We got 3/4 of the floor down. It looks so good. I am really glad we decided to do it. It is pretty easy to put down. Now we have to paint the walls and get the trim up. We are also going to do some changing in the last 1/4 of the room. We are taking out the carpet that is there and fixing a wall that use to have a fireplace on it. When that is done we will put the rest of the flooring down. It is going to look really good. I will put pictures up as we get it done. After we got the part of the floor done that we wanted to we started to put together the V-Core weight machine that we got. We traded in our two weight machines for this one. It is going together good. Before we starting putting the machine together I insisted that we go out to eat at the Mexican restaurant. I wanted to have one last good meal before my surgery. I was so glad I did as you will read next.
Monday I had to be at the hospital at 6:00 for my ERCP. Mom had to take me. She did not like having to get out of bed so early :) It all went well. The doctor took 4 more stones out of the bile duct. He also removed both stints. The bad news is I have to be on a liquid diet until my surgery. I was not to happy to hear that. He said yesterday I had to be on clear liquids and today I can be on a full liquid diet. That means I can eat stuff like cream of wheat and creams soups. Oh so good! He does not want me to eat real food because it is harder to digest and then more gall stones might move out of the gallbladder into the bile duct. If that happens it would not be good. I am pretty sure I am going to weight nothing when this is all done. I have to be on a liquid diet after the surgery too. I have to work my way back into real food as I can. Surgery is tomorrow. They are going to call me today and let me know what time it is. I sure hope it is in the morning.
I got the first statements from BlueCross insurance yesterday saying what they are going to pay for the start of my hospital bills. The ambulance ride cost $1924. I have to pay $250. of that. The hospital stay for 4 days was $22,253.94. I have to pay $2,142 of that. That bill does not include the doctor bill, or the bill for the Waseca emergency room or the bills for the CT scan or the bills for seeing the doctors on the 1st. Those will all be more. The bills will just keep rolling in. Thank God my surgery should all be covered as long as it is day surgery. I will be setting up a payment plan with the hospital.
Today I am going to try and get some more stuff moved. I wish I could just get it all moved and be done. I really hate moving.
I will try and update after the surgery to let you all know how it went.
Later Sharon Posted by Picasa

No comments: