Sunday, August 10, 2008

Want To Race..........


Unloading the bikes in Waterville


Hot dogs in Mankato

The new bike


I love my bike!!!!!Posted by Picasa
I had the greatest weekend!!!! On Sat. Rick and I road our bikes from Waterville to Mankato and back. It was a 45 mile trip. It was so much fun. The weather was perfect. I have never biked more then 20 miles in my life so this was a first for me. I was really happy with how it all went. We did it in less then 4 hours and our average speed was 12 miles an hour. And best of all we burned 1400 calories! After all that riding my butt was a little sore! My knees held up pretty good. My leg with the ITBS was a little sore but nothing like what it like when I run. My right knee was popping every time a bent it on Sat. night. It was pretty gross. But it was better on Sunday morning. So while we were in Mankato we stopped at the Spoke bike shop just to look at some road bikes. Well I might have accidentally bought one. In the first picture you can see my old bike. (well it is not really old......only one year old) It is a hybrid bike, more of a cruising bike. My new bike is a road bike. It is super light weight and fits me perfect. It is so much easier to ride. I can go a lot faster with a lot less effort. I figured my legs are not going to hold out much longer for running so I better have a back up plan.....so my new bike is it.
Sunday was another fun day. It was Rick's mom's birthday so we went out for lunch with her and Rick's brother and his girlfriend. After that I went home and did a little cleaning and then Rick and I went for a bike ride so I could test my new bike out. It was great because for the first time I could go faster then Rick! I know my glory will soon end because he is going to get a road bike too so he will soon be beating me again.
It was just such a perfect weekend. It was so much fun going to Mankato on bikes. I always feels good when I am able to achieve something that I never thought I would be able to do a few years ago. Life is good!
Later Sharon
Oh no......... I got so caught up in all my biking glory that I forgot all about watching UFC on Sat. night. It was another part of my perfect weekend! And I forgot all about it being Jese's 22ed birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESE!

3 comments:

me said...

thecloser1what about the UFC and Brock?

Yes life is good

Happy birthday to Jese,

DAD R

Amy said...

good job biking mother hen!!

Christa said...

Jese said it isn't hard to lift a 5lb bike 2 feet (he was impliying you are 2 feet tall!)