Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pies, truck and turkey

Oliver and Eli 

All the apples 

Josie helping me make the pie crust 

We used a apple peeler for the first time this year, it was nice. 

Liam helping me roll out the crust 

Liam and me

Josie rolling out the dough 

the pie all done 

The pie filling all done 

Liam all ready for his school's party. I made the costume 

The new truck 


Christa working on the pies 
It has been a busy week. I have not even had time to update this. On Thru. Amy, Christa and all of the kids came over so we could make pies. We did not get started until 10:00 and we did not finish until 10:00 at night. It took a lot longer this year because of the two babies. Someone always had to stop working to feed or take care of one of the two. Then Amy had to stop to take and pick up Liam from school. Then at 5:00 Amy took Liam and Josie downtown to go to the Halloween celebration.  Jese came and got Oliver and Adam came and got Eli so we finally got to move a little faster. We got 28 pies made and 14 quarts of apple pie filling. We still had one box of apples left when we were done. Amy took them and is going to make some apple butter and apple bread.
I had Friday off so I cleaned the house. The kitchen was a huge mess from making the pies. After that was done I got to go with Rick to pick up his new truck. He finally got a 4 wheel drive truck. He has been talking about it for over a year and finally decided to get it. He got a 2011 Dodge Ram. It is really nice and I am going to love having it when we pull the camper with it.
Saturday I had to go back to work to make up for taking Tue. off to be with Linda and Curt. It was a pretty slow day at work so that was good. I did get a call about a cat in the woman's bathroom in my building. Someone put a cat with cat food and water in the bathroom. Not sure what they thought they were doing. The cat was a stray. So I picked it up and put it outside where it was much happier. After I got home from work I made some mini pies in canning jars. They turned up really cute. I made 9 apple, 6 pumpkin and 6 cherry. I think I am going to make some more only blueberry.
Today I did not get out of bed until 9:00, it was nice. I had a turkey in the freezer that I got free last year at this time so I decided to cook it today. I also decided to make some clean eating stuffing and make the turkey with a clean eating recipe. I sure hope it turns out because it smells good! Amy and Liam are going to come over for supper. Josie and Adam have to stay home because they are both sick. Hopefully Amy and Liam don't bring the sickness over with them!
Time to go check on the turkey.
Later Sharon

No comments: