Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Meat in the freezer!


Rick got a deer last night!!! After not being able to hunt at all last year we have put in a lot of hours hunting this year and it finally paid off. Rick got this nice 3 point spike buck last night. So now we are finally going to have some meat in the freezer again. I was very happy that he shot it!
 Now I just need to get one. I had a nice doe coming in last night. She was coming right where I wanted her to when all of the sudden another doe came running past me from behind. She must have been spooked by the farmers picking the corn, she was flying. Well as soon as she went running by the doe that I had hoped to shot stopped walking to me and watched the other one run off. So she decided that she better follow the other one and walked away from me. Stupid deer!! I also watched a turkey last night for a good 15 minutes just walking around. Of course it was at least 50 yards away from me so I could not shoot it. No hunting for me tonight but I should be able to get back out tomorrow.
Later Sharon

No comments: