Wednesday, November 2, 2011

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy." - Dalai Lama

Amy, Rick and Liam getting ready to eat my turkey dinner.

Rick and Oliver

Me with Liam, Josie and Eli and of course Dexter

Eli
   We had so many kids come through out neighborhood for Halloween that I ran out of candy! I had a huge bowl of it and was sure I had gotten to much. I was I wrong. I had to turn off the lights at 7:30 because I was down to about 10 pieced of candy and the street was still lined with cars and kids. I figure we had about 75 kid come to our house. Dexter loved it, he got so much attention that he was in heaven. Morgan was more of a chicken and just hid in the house for most of the night. Poor Josie was so sick that I don't think she was enjoying trick or treating to much. Poor thing is still sick.
   Yesterday Rick and I went for a 4 mile run outside. I figured we better get back outside one more time before the weather really turns cold and the time changes. I would much rather run outside then on the treadmill.
   Since I wore my hair in a ponytail most of the summer I guess most people did not realize how long it had gotten. Well now that it is colder out I have been forced to actually fix it everyday. So now I get the keep getting the comment from people that my hair is sure getting long. No your hair looks nice or I  like your hair just "your hair sure is getting long." Now I am not sure how to take that, is it a bad thing or a good thing.....
   We are getting our shed built on Friday. I am so happy that it is getting done. Now we will be able to clean out the garage and have room to move around in it. Rick will also have more room to park his truck. It has a back up camera in it and when he gets close to something it starts to beep, the closer you get the faster it beeps. When he backs into the garage it just goes into a steady beep!
   We are also getting our TV switched to Direct TV on Friday. Our two year contract ended with Media com so I bill went way up. So we play the game and switch providers every couple of years. Most of the TV providers will deal with you and keep you at a cheaper rate but Media com will not so we are switching. Direct TV has a ton more HD channels so I think we will be happy with them. When we had the Media com person installing it 2 years ago he told Rick that Direct TV has the best TV service. It was kind of funny that he would say that since he worked for Media com.
   I have another 4 day weekend this weekend and I am looking forward to it. It should be a relaxing weekend.
Later Sharon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your top picture is really yellow..its like you have a filter on the camera

Anonymous said...

and btw i like your hair long...it looks really nice in the picture DON'T CUT IT!!!

Sharon said...

I did not have my flash on it the light over the table made the color funny. I only took one picture so I had to use it.

Amy said...

i like your hair long too, DON'T CUT IT!!!!