Wednesday, June 1, 2011

New bike number two

Yesterday Rick and I went to Owatonna and tried out a couple of bikes. We wanted a bike that we could use for the everyday riding that you cannot use a road bike for. And since we have a trip planed to go to SD and we will be biking on  a trail that is all gravel/crushed rock we had to get them. So we decided on the Giant Roam 1. Ricks was in the store so he got to take it home last night. I had to order mine since they did not have one in my size on hand. It should be in on Friday of this week or Monday of next week. She gave us a good deal on them since we have both bought bikes from her before. She of course let us test drive them and since we wanted them to  ride on gravel trails she sent us to a nearby woods/park that has bike trails in it. She just gave us her car keys and told us to take her car since she has a bike rack on it. She is pretty trusting. I guess it is small town Minnesota nice! So we drove to the woods and took the bikes for a ride. The trails were so muddy, Ricks bike was covered in mud. Good thing he took the bike. It sure was different riding a bike other then a road bike. It will be fun to be able to change things up once in awhile. I am really looking forward to our trip to SD. We also hope to make it to WI to bike the Sparta bike trail in July. We have been wanting to go there for a couple of years but the trail is all gravel so we never went. I guess most if not all of WI bike trails are gravel. We are lucky in MN to have so many paved bike trails. I guess now I will need to shop for some new biking clothes to go with my new bike.....
Later Sharon

No comments: