Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Doors, gardens, 3-D and steaks

Rick putting in the new storm door with a doggie door in it.

Dexter and Morgan checking out the new doggie door

The new hosta garden 

This weekend was a great weekend. We got so much done and had time to have lots of fun too. Saturday Rick put in the new storm door that we bought. We got one with a doggie door in it. Dexter and Morgan were not so sure about it at first. We had to force them in and out of it at first. Dexter was the first to figure it out and even went out it this morning without me telling him to. Morgan is still afraid of it. She will come back in the house now but still refuses to go out of the house. I figure in a day or two she will have it down too. On Sunday we went to a 3-D shoot. It was lots of fun and I improved my score by a lot from the last one I shot. When we were done with the shoot we went to Mankato to Menards and finally got our new bathtub. It would not fit in Ricks truck so we are having it delivered tomorrow. Now we need to get working on the bathroom. Neither one of us want to do it but we both want it done. Maybe now that we have the bathtub we will get moving on it. When we got home we decided that we better get the hosta's planted that we got from Amy and Adam. I had killed all the ferns and crap that were in the overgrown garden that was here when we moved it. Round Up did a good job of killing everything off. We planted hosta's, irises and some other plant that Amy gave me in it. We are going to put plastic down and then put rocks down. It already looks so much better then what was there and it is only half done. We should be able to get the rest done this week and then I will put new pictures up. I was lucky and had Monday off too so Rick and I got to spend the whole 3 day weekend together. We both lifted in the morning and then we went to Walmart and Hyvee. Rick made a carrot cake that was suppose to be heather. Of course it is still full of sugar so it is still fattening! But it is super good. We decided that we should end the weekend by cooking up our last buffalo steaks for supper. They were so good. It was a good way to end the weekend. Today I have the day off. I have been busy paying the bills and cleaning the house. I wish I did not have to go back to work tomorrow but I guess if I want to keep paying those bills I will have too.
Later Sharon

No comments: