Friday, June 17, 2011

Ouch

Yesterday I went to the dentist to have my new crown put on. I was happy to get in on since the temporary one was driving me nuts. Well when the dentist went to take the temporary off it did not want to come off. He pulled and pulled and finally it came off. It hurt like crazy when he was pulling it. It was the second most painful dental work I have had done. And since I have more teeth with crowns on then not I have had plenty of work done to compare it too. He said the gum line on the tooth was so sore because he had gone below the gum line to try and build the tooth up so this crown will stay on. He said it will be sore for a week or so. After he got the new crown put on of course he had to floss to get all the extra cement off. Once again I thought I was going to cry it hurt so much. He told me I had to floss that tooth two times a day for the next 2 weeks to make sure the gum line does not get infected. He said after that I can go back to flossing it once a day. Since he has put several other crowns on for me and has never said this to me before I guess I better listen. The good news is today when I got up my tooth felt much better. It only hurt a little bit when I flossed and I can even chew on that side of my mouth and it does not hurt.
After I got done at the dentist yesterday Rick and I went for a bike ride. We were just going to do a 20-25 mile route when Rick said we should go a different way. I asked him how much longer it would be since I was having trouble breathing since it was so humid out (stupid asthma.) Well he said on it is only 10 more miles. So I said sure. What he did not tell me was those 10 more mile was pretty much all hills. It was one hill after another. But I managed to keep up a good pace and made it all 30 miles. We did a 15 mph average. It was a good ride. I am happy that I am finally getting in better biking shape. I would like to get 800-1000 miles on my bike this year. But that is not going to happen if it keeps raining like it has been. We have been lucky if we can get out twice a week.
It is Reunion this weekend at work so I am going to be busy. I will be glad when all the alum are gone and summer break can really start at work.
Later Sharon  

No comments: