Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Good Book

"When you're five, you know your age down to the month. Even in your twenties you know how old you are. I'm twenty-three, you say, or maybe twenty-seven. But then in your thirties something strange starts to happen. It's a mere hiccup at first, an instant of hesitation. How old are you? Oh, I'm-you start confidently, but then you stop. You were going to say thirty-three, but you're not. You're thirty-five. And then you're bothered, because you wonder if this is the beginning of the end. It is, of course, but it's decades before you admit it." -Jacob Jankowski in Water for Elephants

I just finished reading the book Water for Elephants. It is a good book and a fast read. I hope the movie is as good as the book.
I love the statement above from the book, it is so true. I find myself forgetting things like how old I am all the time. Yesterday Rick called me up and need to know how old the girls were. I hate to admit how much I had to stop and think about it. Time has just flown by and it is hard to believe that I am going to be 50 next March. Most days I sure don't feel like I am that old! Hopefully it is a long time before I forget more then just dates.
I am excited that is looks like I am actually going to get some sunny weather on my days off. Today is a really nice day. As soon as I get home Rick and I are going to go for a bike ride. I have not been on my bike in over a week. I am sure Rick will be waiting for me today on the tops of the hills.
I am watching Christa and Jese's dog Kipper for 4 days. Last time he came over for a puppy play date Morgan was scared to death. Hopefully she gets over it after a day or so. Dexter has always loved other dogs but Morgan is more fearful of them. So it will be a good thing for her to be around Kipper for a couple of days. I hope to get over and see baby Eli on my days off. I have not seen him since the day he was born. Amy tells me he is doing good and Liam and Josie are also doing very good with him.
Rick has been busy getting things done around the house while I was at work this weekend. He got the entryway door to the kitchen painted. When we moved in they had wallpaper on it. It took me forever to get it off and then by the time we were ready to paint the door it got cold out so it never got done. Well it looks much better now. He also worked on the bathroom and got the final rocks put in the front of the house. This coming weekend will be my last to work and then I will be on my 4 day weekends again. I am excited to have some weekends off, I am sure we will find lots of things to do.
Later Sharon, well if I can remember to update this anyhow that is......:)

No comments: