Monday, May 16, 2011

new washer, bathroom remodel, baby shower

The 1974 blue toilet and blue bathtub that came with the house. I am glad to see them go!


Christa and Avis at the baby shower. The baby quilt was made by Jese's great-great grandma

Since it was my weekend off it rained most of it again, but I still managed to have a good weekend. Friday Rick had an early day at work so we went to Mankato to get a few things and look for a washer. We got a Samsung washer from Lowes. It will not be in until next Friday but that is okay since I got all my wash done for the week already. Saturday I finished moving all of the stuff out of the upstairs bathroom to the downstairs bathroom. When I was done with that we stated gutting it. Rick did most of the work, I just hauled stuff out. The biggest part of the gutting was getting the cast iron bathtub out. Adam came over and helped Rick get it out. It was not an easy thing to do since it weighted over 300 pounds. But they did a good job and got it out without scratching up the floor or throwing there backs  out  while moving it! We are taking all the sheetrock off and then we are going to have a plumber come over and give us an estimate.  We want to move the bathtub to a different spot in the bathroom but we are thinking it is going to cost way to much for the plumbing work. So we will have to wait to hear what he says before we move on with the project. I will be glad when it is done! Sunday Amy and Cassie had a baby shower for Christa. We had it at the church and since the church is locked up they give you a code to open the door. Well we got there to open up and the code did not work. I called Rick and he called around and finally got a hold of someone with a key to let us in. After that everything went good. Cassie and Amy did a good job. While I was at the shower Rick fought the wind and went for a 29 mile bike ride. He asked me if he should wait for me but I told him no way. I am to much of a biking baby to bike in 15-17 mile winds. Last night I did not sleep very good so I think it is going to be a long day at work. Later Sharon
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

No comments: