Thursday, May 5, 2011

Held Hostage

These are my ice skates. They have been held hostage for the last 5 years and yesterday were finally released. I know they do not look like much but they were the very first pair of skates that I ever owned and I used them for years and years. I can still fit into them but moved onto another pair (that were also released yesterday) when these got worn out. I  was very happy to have both of them back. When I was growing up skating was a huge part of my winters. Every year my dad would clear the pond off for us so we could have an iceskating rink. We spent many, many days skating there. Then when I got older I used to bring my ice skates to school and go skating in the city ice rinks. Even after I had kids I use to go ice skating with them. I  guess it is one of those things you never forget how to do. So now I am happy to have my ice skates back so maybe next winter I can go ice skating with my grandchildren!

Yesterday Christa, Amy and I went to Mankato to do a little shopping. I wanted to try and find something to wear to Christa's baby shower next weekend. I did not have much luck finding anything but we still had fun. We went out for lunch at Applebees and I had a delish shrimp salad. When I got home I lifted and started laundry.
Today I am going to  finish laundry and if the weather holds Rick and I might go for a bike ride. I am looking forward to a nice and sunny day tomorrow.
Later Sharon

No comments: