Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bike pedal clips

On Tuesday night Rick and I went for a 22 mile bike ride. When we got back into town we decided to bike around the lake on the bike trail.  I was  ahead of Rick and when I turned around to see where he was I ran myself right off the bike trail and into the grass. I so lucky that I was able to stay upright and not go  into the ditch. It is a lot harder then you would think when you are clipped into your pedals. When I first got my road bike I pretty much had to learn how to ride a bike again. It is way different then the bikes I grew up riding. The biggest thing to learn is how to get in and out of those clips. The first time I did it I had Rick and my neighbor holding the bike up while I practiced getting in and out. Then I finally had to take off. I was pretty nervous but managed to not fall over when I had to stop and get out of them. So after almost 4 years the closest I have come to falling was yesterday. Just about everyone I know that rides a road bike has fallen at least once so I count myself very luck. I hope my luck holds out!
Later Sharon

No comments: