Saturday, April 5, 2008

letter to me

So I was on the KDWB web site and was reading about the Brad Paisley song Letter To Me. It is a song about an adult writing a letter to his 17-year-old self. The DJ's decided to write letters to there 17-year-old self's. They were all so good. So it got me thinking what would I write to myself. What kind of advise would I give to myself, what have I learned since I was 17. So here is my letter to my 17-year-old self:



Dear 17 year-old Sharon,


Take time to look around and see what is all out there for you. There is a lot more of the world then Faribault. When you sign up for classes for your last year of high school don't take all the easy classes. You are a lot smarter then you think. Take a few classes that challenge you.
That feeling of self-confidence that you have now will leave you if you do not believe in yourself. You need to know that you can and will be able to do anything if you put your mind to it. You should stop worrying about how much you weigh. You will never get fat. You need to learn to eat right and enjoy food. You have to learn that you can not control everything in your life now or in the future. Cherish your friends. Some of them will not make it to there 25th birthday so make sure you tell them you love them while you can. When Chris goes a little nuts remember that you need to be there for her, time is short. Stop lying to Mom and Dad when you are going to go out drinking, they know what you are up to. Just be safe. Don't drink just to get drunk, you know it always leads to no good. Alcoholism is going to play a role in your life in the future so be careful. I know it seems like the end of the world when you don't have a boyfriend, but you have to remember that you don't need a man to make you whole. You are a great person all by yourself. Lastly get yourself some good bra's, those perfect perky breast you have now will not look so good at 46 if you do not support them now!
Believe in yourself.

your 46-year-old self
Sharon

No comments: