Sunday, April 20, 2008

Great Weekend


What a great 4 day weekend I had! On Friday night I went to a band fundraiser and had steak dinner with Tim Fierke and Rick. It was great food. After we ate we went to McDonald's to get some coffee only to find out they did not have decaf, can you believe it! So we went to Kwik Trip and got some coffee there. Then we came to my house and had cupcakes and visited for awhile. It was a nice evening. Sat. morning I got up at 5:30 so I could be ready for Amy to pick me up at 6:15. We went to LeCenter to go to the city wide garage sales. It was a mad house. I have never seen so many people going to garage sales. Some of the streets were so full of cars and people you could not even drive. We got lots of good deals. Amy got Liam lots of summer clothes. I got Liam some toys for my house and a really nice new jacket. We got back to Waseca about 2:30 and I was cold and tired. So I did something I hardly ever do and I sat on the couch and put the TV on. I might have even taken a nap! Sat. night I went to Ricks house for some great Buffalo chicken pizza and then we watch UFC. It was great. I did not get to bed until 12:00 and then I had to get up early again today. Amy and I went to Faribo to run the River Bend Nature Center 5K. It is the hilliest course. I thought I was going to die!!!!! My time was not very good 25:56. But since I have not run any hills in at least a year it was ok. I was in the top 1/3 of the 108 people that ran it. Amy did good finishing in 30:35 min. We both need to work on the hill running. After we ran they had a pancake breakfast. Just what you need after running 3.2 miles. When I got back to Waseca I went out to the WAC outdoor range where they were having a shoot. I did not shoot but helped pick up the 3-D targets. While I was being such a big help I got Ricks truck stuck in the mud. Paul had to pull it out. It was stuck good! Now my weekend is coming to and end. It is back to work on Monday. So I am going to relax for the rest of the night.

Later Sharon

Posted by Picasa

No comments: