Friday, October 19, 2012

This is why......





This is my nephew Jeff and his boyfriend CJ.  Jeff is gay.
Jeff came out when he was in high school, I guess that was about 12-13 years ago.  I cannot imagine how hard that was for him to do. I was not really surprised when my sister told me and I didn't really care. I still loved him just the same. When I think of him I don't think of him as my gay nephew Jeff.  I think of him of just my nephew Jeff. 

Just like all of us Jeff has has had good and bad relationships and was searching  for that special one to spend the rest of his life with. Jeff is now in a committed relationship with CJ. When I look at the picture above I see how happy they are and I see how much they love each other. It is my hope that someday if they decided to get married that they can. I want for Jeff to have the wedding of his dreams with all of his family and friends surrounding him just like my daughters did and his brother did. It is  as simple as that....that is why I am voting NO.

In my eyes there is no such thing as a gay marriage it is just marriage. If you are two people in love and want to spend the rest of your life being with that person you should have the right to choose to be married.

It is a a turning point in the history of Minnesota. I can only hope that the people of Minnesota do the right thing and Vote NO.

This is why I am Voting NO. For Jeff and CJ and every other gay couple in Minnesota. They should have all the rights that I do......

Later Sharon
Vote NO in NOvember

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post and what an awesome aunt you are! :-)

Artem