Wednesday, October 24, 2012

50 years old and still running.....

                        This is Amy and I right before the race started. It was COLD out!
                   Amy at mile 7 running strong. That is Liam just off the trail after cheering Amy on.
                    
                  This is me with less then a half mile to go. I was still able to smile!
                                                Amy and I after we both finished!!!!


My biggest goal of this year was to run a half marathon. I wanted to prove to myself that even if I turned 50 this year that I could still do it. Well I did!!!

I ran it in 2:07:40. I came in 21 out of 43 in my age group of 50-54 and was 807 out of 1346 finishers overall. I beat my last half marathon that I ran in 2010 by 19 seconds. I was very happy with my time.

It was a great race. It was only 45 out when we started but once we started running I warmed up. It was the hilliest half marathon that I have ever run. The fan support was great and the race was really run good. I am really glad that I ran it.

Amy did great also running it in 2:30:27. It was her best half marathon time yet. She did not train at all!

I told Rick that this was going to be my last big race. I am not sure I will be able to stand by that........

Later Sharon

Vote NO in NOvember!



No comments: