Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Grandmothers are just antique little girls. ~Author Unknown

                                            maple sweet potato pecan burger
                                                 Liam and Josie on project day
                                        Eli is trouble now.....
Saturday Rick was gone most of the day setting up the outdoor range for the WAC 3D and 600 round so I had a busy day at home. I decided that I would try a new recipe so I had to go to the store to get all the ingredients. I made maple sweet potato pecan burgers. They were so good. I know some people turn there noses up at anything that is outside the box when it comes to food but you should really give them a try. They are way better for you then a regular beef burger and they taste delish!
Other then cooking on Saturday I did a lot of laundry and also got some things cut out and ready to sew for the grandkids. That little craft project will be a subject of another blog....
Sunday was a big day for me. I along with Rick and Amy ran the River Bend Nature Center's 5k. It is the first race I have ran since Nov. of 2010. I am not sure why I picked this race to come back to running on since it is such a hilly course! We all had a great time and did good. Rick got his personal best time! I am not sure what my time was for sure because the people writing down the times missed me. But it was right around 29:27. They were not very organized on there timekeeping. I was okay with the time because I kept it under 30 minutes. Of course it is a long ways away from my personal best of 23:29 that I got in June of 2006. I was in the best shape of my life that year. Oh how times have changed....
After the race Rick went out to the WAC shoot and I met him there a short time later. I was not set up to shoot outdoors yet so I just visited with everyone and then helped with the take down when it was over. While we were sitting around one of the people who was there asked me if I was Paul's daughter. Paul is a friend who is 54 years old, that's right only 4 years older them me. It was so funny. I told the guy that it made me feel good but I am pretty sure it did not make Paul feel  good. We all got a good laugh out of it.
Yesterday I had Josie and Eli at noon and then picked Liam up from school at 2:45. Since I had them for so long we decided it would be a good day for project day. Liam is always after me to bring out the craft box and do projects. We made rockets out of oatmeal containers and houses out of shoe boxes. The kids had lots of fun. Eli has started to get into everything! He is trouble! I had to put the baby gate up and was running after him all day to keep him out of trouble. It was a lot harder to do project day with  him around! Good thing was such a happy baby yesterday.
I have to pick the kid's up for daycare today and Friday and then next Friday and then I am done. Amy found a daycare that has much better hours so they can stay there until Adam gets off of work on day's Amy works the afternoon shift. It will be nice to not have to pick them up but it will also be weird. I have picked up Liam from daycare since he was born. Of course now that I will not be picking them up I am sure I will miss them :) Liam is always after me to have an overnight stay so I told him when it get nice out I will put the camper up and we can have a camping in the yard day. He was excited and I am sure will never let me forget that I said it until I do it!
Now that it is going to get warm out again I am back to work. Stupid weather.
Later Sharon  

No comments: