Tuesday, May 15, 2012

"God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought, disease, avalanches, and a thousand tempests and floods. But he cannot save them from fools." -John Muir

                         Eli and Oliver playing in the sand at Jese's Graduation party
                                               Oliver playing in the sandbox
                                     Eli playing in the sandbox
                            Oliver, Liam and Eli playing in the sandbox
                     This is me telling Cassie that NO she cannot have Oliver :)
                   I thought since it was Jese's party I better put a picture up of him
                                     Nick showing us how to build a fire
                                 The wren moving into its house
     Not 5 minutes after putting out an orange I had orioles at them. I hope they stick around this year
 This is a picture of the one of the wood chip plies from the trees in our ditch that the county is taking out. This was from just a couple of hours of work
 This is a some of the bigger trees that they have cut down. It really makes me sad that they took them, several of them are walnut trees. We now have no walnut trees left :(
 Here is a picture of the ditch after they took the trees out. They are going to spray it all with some type of weed/tree killer and then they are going to put seed down. The ditches that they have done in other areas in town are a huge mess with no grass growing and eroding big time. They claim that by taking all the trees out it will keep the ditches from eroding
                    Another view with all the trees gone
This is a view of part of the ditch that they have not yet gotten to. It is really sad to see all those trees be cut down.

On Saturday Christa had a party for Jese. He has finished with gradated school! They really had a nice day for the party and everyone had a good time.
 I had to work all weekend so that was no fun but at least it was nice a quiet.
Yesterday was my day off but it was not quiet because I had to listen to all the saws etc as they cut all of our trees down in the ditch. And just like I knew they would do they broke our dog fence. Now we have to try and figure out where they cut the line. I am not happy about any of it. I cannot believe the big trees they are taking out. We had a ton of walnut trees and now they are all gone. It is sad......
I went for a 4 .5 mile run yesterday. My knee/leg is holding up so far.....
Yesterday I was suppose to go to the dentist  for a cleaning and I completely forgot it. I have never done that before and was very embarrassed. I was able to get in today so that was good. And thankfully my teeth are all good.
Today I am going to watch Josie and Eli for Amy so she can go help at Liam's school this afternoon. They will both take a nap when they get here so it should be easy to watch them.
This afternoon Rick and I were going to go for a bike ride but it is windy. So I am thinking that is not going to happen.

Enjoy the nice weather
Later Sharon

No comments: