Wednesday, May 9, 2012

“Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind and heart as deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer.” ― Dean Koontz, False Memory

     I got a new Clean Eating Magazine in the mail the other day so that means I have to cook. I made Chicken Gumbo and it was delish.                                
                                                                   New dresser

Last week I saw this dresser in the Buy & Sell adds on Facebook. As soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it. I instantly fell in love with it. So I bought it! It needed just a little TLC so Rick did the work on in and here it is all cleaned up and ready to use. I am very happy with it and so is Rick since he now has more room for his clothes :)
 
I did some spring cleaning on my days off getting my house spotless. Of course as soon as I was done it rained out and the dogs thought it would be a good idea to bring some mud in the house. Maybe Dexter was just getting back at me for shutting him in the garage. I really have no idea how he got in the garage or how long he was in there. After supper on Sunday Rick went in the basement to work on a string and I went into the office to pay bills. I was in there for about a half hour when I heard Dexter scratching at the door. I thought it was odd since we have a doggie door and I thought it was open. So I looked and sure enough it was open and so then I checked the sliding glass door in the back of the house and again no Dexter. So I called for him and that is when I discovered he was in the garage. He must have followed one of us into the garage and never came back in when we did. Poor puppy.

I made almond butter for the first time. It was so easy and so good. All you do to make it is roast 2 cups of almonds in a 350 oven for 10 minutes. After they cool you put them in the food processor for 10 to 15 minutes and you get almond butter. You can add things to it if you want like honey, flax seed etc. You can do this when just about any kind of nut even peanuts if you have to have peanut butter. It way cheaper to make your own and so much better for you.

I went for a run yesterday and I am very sad to say that today my knee is killing me :( I really hope it is just a passing thing and not a real injury......

Later Sharon

No comments: