Monday, January 23, 2012

Life in the middle of winter.

This summer I planted some herbs in a planter since I do not have a garden. When it got cold out I brought them into the house to keep for the winter and they have been doing very good. Well along with the rosemary and oregano in the planter was a few stray acorns. I thought I had gotten them all out but I guess not. This morning I was looking at the rosemary and saw trees growing! I guess a couple of the acorns decided they liked the planter and decided to grow. I was just going to pull them out and throw them away when I decided that it would be a good learning experience for Liam and Josie. This fall when we had a million acorns in the yard we talked about how the acorns would grow into trees. So today when I pick the kids up from daycare I am going to show them the trees and then we are going to plant them. Then they can take them home and watch them grow all winter and then hopefully be able to plant them outside when they get bigger.
I had to work this weekend. It sure was cold in the morning when I had to open the buildings. After having such a warm winter it is a shock to the system to be so cold again. Saturday I took off of work at 1:00 so I could go to the archery club to help out. The WAC was hosting the MAA State 18 meter. We had a record number of shooters for the 18 meter, 68 people. It was a great crowd. Rick got second place after a shoot-off with Eric Lydeen.
Sunday I had to work again. It was cold again but not as bad as Saturday. I was really glad the roads were not bad for me driving in and driving home from work. I lucked out since they turned really bad later in the night. I am also very grateful that I did not have to work today and drive on the snow and ice covered roads.
I don't have anything else exciting to say so this is it for the day.
Later Sharon

No comments: