Thursday, January 5, 2012

"Home is watching the moon rise over the open, sleeping land and having someone you can call to the window, so you can look together. Home is where you dance with others, and dancing is life." -Stephen King 11-22-63

The photo shoot

The food

The truck in the lake!
I am way behind on my updates! I had a great New Years weekend. On Friday afternoon all the kids came over so we could have our Christmas. It was lots of fun and we all ate a ton of food. We had steak, shrimp and lobster. It was all so good. Christa decided that she needed some models for her scarfs she is making for her Makin'-It-Mama  site so she had a photo shoot with Cassie. She also made me put on one of her scarfs and model it for her. She is doing a great job on everything she is making and is getting lots of sales.

Saturday we got up and met a bunch of Waseca Archery Club  people and went to a half and half shoot in Winnebago. There was 10 of us that went. It was lots of fun and everyone shot good. We have a lot of new members in the club this year and it is fun to have them come along to the shoots. After we shot we went to a cafe in Winnebago and had a great lunch. By the time we got back to town it was late afternoon so we decided it was really to late to get anything done so we went to Owatonna so we could go to Fleet Farm and get some dog food. Well we go there at 5:20 only to find out it closed at 5:00. So we came home with no dog food but we did stop at Cash Wise and Kohls for a few things.

Sunday was a do nothing day since it was New Years Day. We went to Mankato and I got a new light weight winter/spring jacket. Then we came home and watched a couple of Movies and just enjoyed the day.

Monday Rick had to go back to work but I had the day off. I had a ton of stuff to get done since I did not do it all weekend. I managed to get all my laundry done, pay the bills, get the house clean, run two miles, go to Walmart, clean the storage room, clean Ricks shop and make supper. I needed another day off!

Tuesday it was back to work for me. I was not ready to be back. All the students are now back on campus so I had lots of parking stuff to get done. We had some excitement in the afternoon when a student forgot to put his truck in park and it rolled into the lake. He took it pretty well considering his truck was now totaled. The tow truck driver had to call the dive team in to get it out of the water. Glad I do not have to pay the bill for that! After work we had our annual meeting at the WAC. We wanted to shoot while we were there but the meeting went to long. By the time we got home it was almost 9:00 and I was ready for bed.

Wednesday was another busy work day but uneventful.   After work I picked up Liam, Josie and Eli from daycare. I only had them for just under an hour so we did not even have time to get any toys out. I had wanted to go shoot last night but I was tired from being up late on Tuesday night so I just did the dishes and sat on the couch.

So that brings me to today. I am working again, well really I am updating this......

Later Sharon

No comments: