Sunday, April 18, 2010

Fred

Pet Rock Fred
Dexter's New Haircut
Way back when I was in 8th grade I had a friend that gave me a rock and the box he was in and told me he was my pet rock. At the time they were selling pet rocks in the store. Well I put the rock and his house in my keepsake box and 35 years later I still have it. When Liam was over the other day I showed it to him and told him it was my pet rock and his name was Fred. Liam loved it. He carried Fred around the rest of the day. We had to build a house and swimming pool for him out of Lego's and Liam kept calling him his friend Fred. Once he was walking out of the room and said he would be right back. I told him ok and he said I am not talking to you Nana then he came back into the room and said I will be right back Fred you wait here. It was so cute. Christa said I was being a bad Nana because I was inventing an imaginary friend for Liam! I just think it is cute.
I have been sick on all of my days off. I have a bad cough that just will not go away. I also pretty much lost my voice. It sucks. Last night was the worse I could not stop coughing. I took some night time cough medicine and that helped but then I woke up at 1:00 coughing like crazy. So I got up and took some more. I feel better this morning, well at least I am not coughing as much. I was going to go watch Rick shoot the 25 meter today but I figured I better stay home and get some rest, I have to work tomorrow.
Yesterday I went to LeCenter with Amy and Christa to the city wide garage sales. It was fun but I don't think it helped my cough any. Amy got lots of good deals for the kids and she got lots of work clothes for herself. I just got a couple of toys for the kids to play with at our house. I also got a dress and a couple of aprons. Christa got a couple dresses and she also got a clothes line. We thought it was a great deal but then when she got home she discovered that it only had one pole in the box!
When I got home from LeCenter I was so shot! But we could not stay home because it was the end of the year Faribault Archery Party. It was great to see everyone again one last time before we get busy with the summer. We left the party shortly after we ate because I felt like crap. We came home and watched a little UFC and then went to bed.
Today I slept in until 8:30. I would have slept longer but Dexter was having a fit. He was in his kennel most of the day yesterday so he is a little nuts today. I am going to take him for a walk to get rid of some of his energy. Other then that I am not going to do much today.
We had Dexter at the vet on Thur. for his hair cut. We had them cut it really short for the summer. He looks so funny without any hair on his face. I am not sure that he likes it, but it will keep him cleaner for a couple weeks at least! He gets so dirty when his hair is long because he is so short and white! We have to give him a bath almost every week.
Christa I will try and update more often for you!
Later Sharon
Posted by Picasa

No comments: