Monday, December 1, 2008

What A Weekend!

This is Liam playing with some of Jese's Old toys.
Charlie with her Christmas Collar.

Harper did not like her Christmas Hat!
Thanksgiving is done. I had a busy and fun weekend. Thursday morning Cassie, Christa, Jese and I went to Northfield to run the Turkey Trot. I am happy to report that I was able to run the whole 3.1 miles!!!! It took me 31:01, that is my slowest 5K ever. But I don't care because it is the first time since June that I ran and my leg did not hurt!!! I think I will be able to run again. Cassie and I ran most of the way together. She came in right after me. Christa and Jese walked most of the way. It took them 47 minutes to get in. It was lots of fun. There is nothing like starting a holiday with a race! In the afternoon we all went to my mom's house for supper. The food like always was great. Friday morning I got up at 5:30 and was at Amy's house at 6:00. Even though she is suppose to stay home she wanted to do a little Black Friday shopping. We only went to Walmart, Target, Kohls and Herbergers. I dropped her off at the front doors of the stores and then went and parked the car. I told her I should push her around in a wheel chair but she would not go for it. We were back home by 10:30. She spend the rest of the day in her chair. The rest of the day I tried to get a little house work done. Then at 2:30 Rick and I went out hunting. Did not see anything. Saturday was another busy day. Rick came over to my house in the morning and helped me put up xmas lights on the outside of my house and helped me put up my Christmas tree. After that we went to Walmart when I got a call from Amy. She was headed back to the hospital so I got to watch Liam. She had a really bad stomach ache so they wanted her to come in. She is still having contractions all the time. She started to dilate so they gave her a shot to stop the contractions. They sent her back home about 6:00. So while I had Liam we went to Ricks house to help him put up his Christmas tree. Liam was a big help, he liked decorating the tree. After awhile he got board and said he NEEDED TOYS. So Rick dug out some of Jese's old toys for him to play with. Sat night I made Rick his birthday supper. His birthday is really next Sat. but I will not be here so we celebrated it early. Sunday was a less busy day. I went to Ricks house and helped him "clean sweep" a room. Then I went home and did some cleaning at my house and finally got my Christmas cards started. In the afternoon Rick and I went to Mankato do do a little shopping. Now that brings you all up to date on my exciting weekend. It is back to work today.
Later Sharon



No comments: