Monday, October 20, 2008

Christa's Birthday Weekend

The start of the pie making
Bronx was helping too!
Liam Showing Christa how to cut apples
Liam Helping Me roll out the crust.Posted by Picasa
What a weekend. Friday night I went out hunting. Did not see anything. Then Saturday was the start of Christa's birthday weekend. She got to my house around 11:00 and then we had to go to Walmart and Hyvee so get all the pie making stuff. We finally got to Amy's about 1:00 and starting making the pies. Amy likes to say that she did all the apple pealing but she did not. I pealed 2 bags of the apples and made all the crust. It took us forever because someone got very small apples so it took twice as long as it should have! We made 18 apple pies and 9 extra crust for pumpkin pies. It was a lot of work. Christa said that next year Amy and I can do it ourselves. After the pie making I got to make supper for everyone. I of course was more then happy to do it. We had steak and shrimp, Christa's choice. Sunday Amy, Christa and I went to Mankato shopping. I may have gotten a couple of things. But not as much as Christa. After shopping we went to my mom's and Dad's for the Oct. birthday party. We always get together for the Oct. because there is 4 of them. Christa and my dad were born on the same day. Christa is 22, my dad is 73. Beth it 18 and Sarah is 21. It was lots of fun to see everyone. Cassie and Nick even came down. Today I am trying to get a little house cleaning done and then at 4:00 I am going hunting. So i better go get ready.
Later Sharon

2 comments:

Amy said...

i am pretty sure that you only peeled 4 or 5 apples total, not 2 bags!!! and i am glad you put the picture of me doing all the peeling and you and christa just sitting around doing nothing!!! hahaha

Anonymous said...

I think i just read the same blog three times, with three slightly differnt versions and looked at the same pics from different angles three times haha :)